The Open Health Systems Laboratory (OHSL) is a public benefit corporation that builds, supports and manages project teams to improve research and diagnosis outcomes. OHSL aims to undertake projects in life sciences which are innovative, path-breaking, and proof-of-concepts requiring cross-sector collaboration.
The objectives of OHSL are to:
- Encouraging pre-competitive collaboration among scientists; mapping research resources worldwide.
- Mapping sources of funding and support of medical research worldwide.
- Building and managing international consortia that will address provocative questions of medical science.
- Promoting open source, interoperable, standards based software and providing inventory, integration, training, and support.
- Provide student exchange or internship opportunities. Supporting innovation in biomedical research.